Website Terms & Conditions
1.WHO WE ARE AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
This website www.dancbtyres.c.uk
The Old Forge
Vat Reg No – 292165102
What is the purpose of this privacy notice?
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you contact us through our contact form, or via our email/contact us button.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Daniel Carlton-Barnes and Pip Carlton-Barnes are the controllers and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as DanCB Tyres, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). Should you wish to contact us please either email email@example.com or call us on 01872 870731. Pip Carlton-Barnes is the main manager for this website.
Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:-
- Identity Data includes – First Name and/or Last Name
- Contact Data includes Billing Address, Delivery Address (if we are returning a vehicle), Email Address and Telephone Number/s
- Vehicle Registration – for the purpose of completing any services
- Aggregated Data includes – website usage, use of specific website features but this does not link to personal data. However if at any point this data does connect with your personal data either directly or indirectly we will treat it in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
In order for us to reply to your communications or to carry out a service you have requested, we need to collect your personal data, such as name, contact details, financial details, your address and vehicle registration details. If you fail to provide these details we may not be able to carry out any services you have requested.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Directly. You may give us your identity, contact details, vehicle registration details and for the purpose of paying for our services, financial data. This is obtained by filling in forms, corresponding with us by phone, post and/or email ,filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you
- Ask us to provide a service
- Contact us via our online contact form
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Elect to pay for a completed service via our online payment facility
4.HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances
Performance of a Service this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a service to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before commencing and completing a service.
- Legitimate Interest this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to. We do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your data, unless it is in relation to sending you third party direct marketing communications via our web based newsletter. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing communications at any point by unsubscribing electronically from the newsletter when you receive it or, by contacting our communications officer – Pip Carlton-Barnes 01872 870731 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us via email@example.com or 01872 870731 if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Name
(c) Vehicle Registration
|Performance of a contract/service with you|
|To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(c) Vehicle Registration
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to recover payment due to us
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(c) Add you to our mailing digital list
(d) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Name
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Name
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy.|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Our digital newsletter is managed by our marketing and communications officer Pip Carlton-Barnes if you wish to be added/removed from our digital please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the sign-up to our newsletter button on our website.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Name, Contact Details, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time –
- By contacting us and asking us directly to remove you personal date FAO Pip Carlton-Barnes email@example.com
- By following the opt-out links in any marketing messages sent to you
- Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a service agreement.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. In this event we will notify you before processing any of your personal data.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5.WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties such as employees of DanCB tyres who are completing services for you.
- External Third Parties – (Quickbooks) In order to process your invoice and payments
- External Third Parties Service – Digitial Newsletter Platform Mailchimp
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Unless you are a returning customer and wish us to retain your personal data for on-going service completion, we retain your personal data for no longer than 3 months. This enables us to complete your service, ensure you are happy with our service and for our marketing and advertising activities.
If you have opted/in to our digital newsletter/mailing list then your personal data will be retained indefinitely or until you choose to opt out or we chose to remove this service.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Your legal rights below for further information.
9.YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable 9i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact DanCBtyres firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event you are requesting specific information or the right to see specific information please allow 1 month for us to come back with all relevant materials and information.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. Security information we usually request are 2 forms of clear identification.
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
This notice was last updated on April 27th 2018 and was written in compliance, to the best of our knowledge, with the new GDPR which comes into effect on May 28th 2018. As this new law is still not entirely clear we may make changes to this notice to remain compliant. It is your responsibility to check back on occasion to observe any changes/amendments have been made.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
- QUERIES, REQUESTS OR CONCERNS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact us on 01872870731 or email email@example.com